Pages


Wednesday, August 26, 2009

10 To Go!!!

Four and a half weeks down and only 10 more days of the radiation treatments. God has been so good to me and I KNOW it is in great part due to the prayers you have prayed for me!!!! Thank you seems really lame at this point, but it's all I have to give right now. So I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!! I have not had to have the dreaded feeding tube, I have only lost 10 pounds since the start of the radiation treatments, which is amazing. I am still able to eat liquidity foods and drink enough water. The expected burn on my face and shoulder is not near as bad as expected, It's really red and dry but not painful at all. I have only spent one day throwing up, I feel nauseous all the time but have great meds for this. The diareah is still present and sometimes unexpected :) hee hee, but has not dehydrated me anymore. I have constant heart burn, but it is managable. God Is so faithful.
Pam came Monday night and burred my hair. It is amazing how much hair I can lose, especially in the shower and more through out the day and still have some left on my head:) I have more bald spots and it is getting pretty thin in most spots. But I have some cute scarves and tubans to wear. I haven't wore the wig yet, the hats are just easier. Wendell had Pam burr his hair to, in support of me. Although I tried to talk him out of it, I believe it has always been his wish to shave his head and I have always talked him out of it, but now what can I say?
I had my third chemo treatment today. We were only there for four hours. After accessing my port and and checking my blood levels, (they were good), they start the pre meds that go directly into my veins through the port. The pre meds are a combination of three different meds, one of which is Benedryl. The Benedryl gives me quite a kick!!! Wendell was in the waiting room right before they started my pre meds. I called him to ask if he would go to Wal-Mart and get me some Jello, I was getting really sick and needed something on my stomache. He made a quick trip, but by the time he got back, the Benedryl was kicking my bootie. I couldn't keep my eyes open, I was so woosie. (good word huh!). He opened one of the Jellos and placed it with a spoon in my hand in my lap. He went back to the waiting room, (when the chemo chairs are full with patients the family members have to wait in the waiting room). The next time I opened my eyes my fingers were swimming in the then melted Jello. After checking to see if any one was observing my stupidity, I removed and quickly licked my now red stained fingers!!! :()
The chemo day went pretty fast. I slept all the way home and most of the evening. I have had some stomache discomfort since waking up, but so far nothing unbearable.
God's Grace Is Sufficient!!!

6 comments:

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
Please your heart!! We believe,as a family, you are doing amazingly well( as far as looking on the outward appearance.) Your humor in your blog makes me feel better, if that makes any sense. Your blog in the future will help others to understand what a cancer patient has to go through each day and week. You have done a great job to show others the strength the Lord gives us all, if we just ask. Thanks for our friendship.
We pray for and your family. We love you all,
Jeff,Karen,Bryan,Aaron & the puppies!!

kim said...

Glad the treatments have still been
bearable.Don't know if Wendal ever
understood my message on Sunday.But
as your travel agent,everything is
set.Just wait till you see my bill!
(hee!hee!)
Love ya,
Kim

Teresa Buck said...

Debbie, you are an amazing person! Your uplifting attitude is good medicine for the rest of us. May God continue to help you get through the rest of your treatments without any major problems. We love you.
Teresa & Junior

Pamela said...

Debbie,
Your amazing outlook on what you are going through is truly showing others your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. His grace is sufficient. Your testimony through all of this is giving him all the glory. I'm so glad to hear that the treatments are bearable. Hang in there, your truly a blessing to us. We love you and are continually praying for you and your family.

Ray, Pamela, Madison, & Caleb Dunkley
Bro. Tim Ruppe, members

Peggy said...

Love the jello story :)

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
Miss you blogging.
Love,
Karen