Monday, February 21, 2011

A Fever

We got the call this morning that they were going to place Jeans' pace maker today after 3:00 p.m. We got up there by 2:30 and they took her down a little after 4:00 p.m. We went down with her and waited in the same surgical waiting room where we waited when my Mom had her heart surgery a few years ago :( The doctor came in after about 30 minutes and told us she had a fever which made it impossible for them to do the surgery. They had checked her temperature all day and even up to 45 minutes before they had taken her down and it had been good all day!!! The fever may be the result of infection and if it is and they did the procedure the infection would go directly to the place where they put the foreign body, (the pace maker) which could be deadly. So...he said we would try again tomorrow between 9:00 & 10:00 a.m. Jean was really discouraged. She has not been out of bed since last Thursday, her heart is just too irregular. On the bright side...they have been letting her eat, up until the cut off time for the surgery. And on another bright note... Wendell is still up there with her tonight and they had plans to watch the Lady Vols which she rarely gets to do, but loves the opportunity!!!! Please pray the Lord's will be done, it seems like nothing has gone as planned for her!!!

1 comment:

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
Wendell and Jean can have some Mother & Son time!!!
That always makes me feel better!! Hope she feels better Tuesday!!
Love,
Karen