Pages


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coming Home Today?

I left the hospital around 8:30 p.m. last night and all was well. Jean is looking very good, her color is good, she has been getting out of bed, walking down the hall, and sitting in a chair for hours at a time. The plan is...she will be released today, sometime after noon. YEAH!!! I told her before I left last night, not to even think about pulling any tricks!!!! I told her when all seems well, she has, in the past, decided to pull little silly tricks!!!! You know...things like a heart attack and such!!! She promised to be good and so far, so good!!! Today marks day #25 for her hospital stay, we're ready to have her back on this mountain again. I think my car can automatically find it's way to UT without me, it's become such a routine. She still has the feeding tube but they are not accessing it right now, she is able to eat a pureed diet, orally. She still has the pick line but it is not being used at this point so I don't know if they will remove it before sending her home. They removed the drainage tube from her back several days ago. You would think she would be extremely week after so much time in bed, but she "cleaned" her room several times yesterday!!!! Thanks for all the prayers on her behalf. She has gone down a long road and seems to be coming out pretty good!!!!

2 comments:

Karen crabtree said...

Debbie & Wendell,
Tell Jean Welcome Home from us!!!!
I know she is glad to be there and I'm sure the family is too!!!
Take care,
Love,
Karen & family

Scott and Kristan said...

Great to hear!! God's so good. Love you all ~ Kristan