Friday, February 18, 2011
Jean had a really rough day yesterday. Wow, we were wondering if we were going to get through the day!!! She began having internal bleeding, she was bleeding out her bowels, and they were left to guess where it was coming from. They were unable to put the pace maker in because of the bleeding, they were unable to do tests to determine the source of her bleeding because they have not placed the pace maker, she was too unstable for any tests. So we were left just waiting to see if she stabilized and if the bleeding stopped. They moved her back into Cardiovascular Intensive Care. By night time she was looking pretty bad. She had began to swell, her face was so swollen, it appeared as if her eyes were barely open. They were, for some unknown reason, allowing her to have ice chips, they had previously said nothing orally for 2 1/2 months or more. They had even at one point discussed letting her eat, we were pretty sure this was not a good sign. It was hard getting any answers yesterday, I think in part because they didn't have the answers. They are saying she stabilized over night. They have given her blood and her vital signs are good. I have not went back up there yet today, Wendell has. I am just having issues of my own that makes it hard to function, especially in the mornings. Also, Wendell and I spent 5 hours in the emergency room yesterday, his blood pressure was out of control....196/110. They finally said it was anxiety and let us go. Please remember him in your prayers. Jean is a very integral part of this big family. The thought of her being unable to return to this mountain is more than any of us can bear at this point!!! She has been very discouraged and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of "fight" in her. Thanks for your continual prayers, I will try to continue to update here. I know so many of you know and care for her.