Pages


Monday, September 28, 2009

Done With Radiation

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I have been nauseous off and on for the last week or so and when I felt well I was planning a 16th birthday party for Kiah. We had her party here at the house Saturday, it went pretty good despite all the rain!!!
I finished my radiation treatments last Wednesday!!!!! It has been wonderful not having to drive to Knoxville everyday!!!!! I haven't noticed any real improvement in my health yet, but I know it will take time. They have told me the radiation has built up in my body for the last seven weeks and will take a year for it to be gone. I just Praise the Lord He led me through it. I praise God for His precious grace to finish the treatments. The last couple of weeks have been pretty hard but God saw me through!!!! Now that I am finished I find myself reflecting over the last year. I have thought about when I first discovered the lump and the uneasy feeling it brought to me. I have thought about Wendell and I sitting in the waiting room at Dr. Sewall's office, after being told it didn't look good, and just praying God would give me grace to deal with whatever this meant. I have reflected over our many trips to Nashville. Losing my Mom the night before my first surgery, not understanding. The first surgery when we thought we were free and clear, only to find out the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes and I needed another surgery. All the unexpected physical challenges of that second surgery. The radiation treatments, the chemo, the hospital stays.... All the sadness my kids and Wendell have felt as they watched me go through this. But through it all the Lord has been faithful. When we were down He lifted us up. His grace HAS BEEN SUFFICIENT.
I want to write more but the nausea still rules!!! So I will try to update again soon.

2 comments:

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
Its been a struggle for you and your family, but hopefully each day it will improve. It will take time to heal and regain physical strength. I say alot, but my intention to let you know we care and pray for your ability to go on.
Love,

Pamela said...

Hang in there girl. The Lord has brought you out and you never cease to give him the glory. What a testimony. God's grace is sufficient and daily your strength will come to you. God will be there through it all. Praise his holy name. God is so good.

Love Always and in continually prayer,
Bro. Ray, Pamela, Madison and Caleb Dunkley

Bro. Tim Ruppe, members