Pages


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Been A long Journey, But I Am So Blessed

Today was suppose to be chemo day, but because of blisters in my mouth, they held the treatment. Yesterday and today has been the worse reactions to the radiation I have had. My throat, jaws, mouth and tongue are blistered. I have felt pretty miserable because of this. I just thank the Lord for the magic mouthwash the doctors had prescribed for me. Without it eating and drinking would be impossible and breathing, at times, hurts!!! Wendell and I were having a pretty emotional day today after leaving chemo. We went to the yogurt shop to get me some ice cream since I had not ate all day, but I just couldn't eat it (My mouthwash was at home) :( If and when I get through this I have forewarned Wendell I will weigh between 600 and 900 pounds!!! I intend to eat everything in sight!!! I haven't been able to eat anything but broth yesterday and today. Anyway, when we got back home, my Mother in Law was at the house. She had made me potato soup. The potato soup sounded wonderful, but I knew if it was not real runny I wouldn't be able to eat it. IT WAS PERFECT!!!! I feel like a new woman!!!! My stomach is full!!! She put cream of chicken soup and onions in it and I could actually taste some of the flavor!!! I miss my Mom so much now, but Jean has been so good to me and such a blessing to me during this time. She worries over me not being able to eat much and does everything she can to find something I can eat. I am soooo blessed!!! Karen made me champagne salad (a cool whip, fruit desert) this past weekend that was wonderful too. I don't know how people make it through the tough times in this life without God, good friends and family!!! I am sooo blessed.
I saw the radiation doctor yesterday. He has decided to give me 4 additional boost treatments. So, instead of five days left, I now have 9:(
As I have said before, Thank You sounds so inadequate for the prayers you have been so faithful in praying for me. But at this point that is all I know to say. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. The past few days have been a little emotional, because of the pain and because the journey seems to be getting long. But our God is faithful and I know He will see me through.
Every time I get down the Lord sends something or someone to brighten my day. Who would have ever thought I would have been as excited over a bowl of potato soup as much as I would a trip to the beach!!!!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Debbie,
I'm so blessed to read what you write on your blog. You always sound so positive in spite of the situation. The Lord is very good to us and you give him so much praise. He will see you through this time. I'm sure Wendell will not care if you weigh 600 lbs. His love is ever lasting. Your mother in law is the sweetest woman. You are right, tough times without family, friends, and church family and most importantly God we would all just fall. Take some much needed relaxing. As always we are in continual prayer for you and your family. We love you much.

Ray, Pamela, Madison, and Caleb Dunkley

Friendly Welcome, Bro. Tim Ruppe, members

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
So glad to see you blogged. I bet that potato soup was so good and good for you. I know you have to be getting tired of chicken soup. You have a wonderful mother in law. You know we love you and pray you have a great weekend. See you soon,
Karen & family