Pages


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

When faced with uncertain times in our lives there is nothing that becomes more precious than God, family and friends. I have been blessed to have them all. During this time I have experienced the precious grace of God. I have had so many friends and family show their kindness, compassion and concern in countless ways. And I have had my husband.
A man who puts his all into every thing he does in life. He loves, cares and works with every ounce of his being. He never does anything with any less than 110%. Wendell’s, birthday is December 26. One day after all the months of hustle and bustle of preparing for the Christmas celebration. By the 26th of December I am usually so wore out, that the last thing I want to think about is planning one more event. So normally my husband’s birthday comes and goes with one little present (Wrapped in Christmas paper, sad I know), maybe a cake, and possibly a meal out. So over the years I have tried to designate Valentines Day as his day. I have always been successful in running off all the kids, making sure they have something to occupy their time somewhere other than home, and concentrate on making him feel special. (When Jess joined our household she didn’t quite grasp the concept of how important this day had become to Wendell & I. So there are some funny stories I could tell regarding this…..but no time now!) I have grown to love Valentines Day. It is one day a year that hopefully I convey to my husband how special he is to me. Over the past few weeks he has been here for me in every way. I am so blessed to have him for a husband. He is an amazing man...
Wendell is a people person, I know this is such a surprise to most. HaHa!!! He has a genuine deep seated LOVE for people. He truly cares for others. He never ceases to amaze me. One example….This past fall, during an annual camping trip, he met a man camping with his family, began talking to this man and eventually found out this man had been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Wendell showed such compassion and concern for this man, he cooked and took to him practically every meal, and has even been to visit him after we returned home. Anyone who has him as a friend has a TRUE friend.
As a father…. My kids are TRUELLY BLESSED!!! Although he can be stern, (on rare occasions), he is such a push over when it comes to his kids!!!! He is the dad that would sit in the floor for hours, with his kids, when they were too young to even understand the concept of the game, and play Monopoly, because that was the game they wanted to play. I used to sit and watch, amazed at the joy on his face and the patience he showed playing this game with kids way to young, but loving every minute of spending time with them. He’s the dad that, after working all day, would load them up in the car and go back off the mountain, to get ice cream or candy, when they asked. I could not have designed a more loving Father for my kids.
As a husband…..Wendell is the kind of man who has always put me and my needs and desires before his own. He is the romantic every girl dreams of. I could spend hours telling of the little things he has done to make my life special… candles illuminating the sidewalk and porch for me when I returned home…. romantic dinners…. Flowers for no reason “just because”… yellow balloons tied to my car and at various points of view on my drive home….love notes mowed in the field….I could go on and on….
So, Wendell, what I want to say to you is, I Love You. I am truly Blessed to be your wife. And as God has chosen for me to walk down the path that now lies in front of me, I am so thankful that you are beside me. You are my strength, my inspiration, and the greatest love of my life. You know me and love me like no one else ever could. I am so BLESSED to have you as my husband. You are my promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean we can get TCBY anytime we ask? :)

Stephanie said...

Fixed your counter....your welcome. I'm about to change my description from the daughter who never asked for anything to the favorite beloved and pleasing daughter!