Pages


Sunday, April 19, 2009

A phone call came this evening. Telling us of our friend’s son who had lost his battle with Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma last night. A young adult, 22 or 23 years old. A good boy. Not into any trouble. He had been attending college before his diagnosis. Today our friends are having to make the final arrangements for their only son. Our hearts are breaking for them, knowing we could not even begin to imagine the depth of their pain. Please help us to pray for them. Only God can give the comfort they will need.
Some things in life leave us wondering why? We look for the reason, the purpose. We search in vain for understanding.
I have never asked “why me”, since getting my diagnosis. I look around and see the trials and heartaches all around me and am left thinking “why not me”. So many people are hurting. So many hearts are breaking. So many are facing trials and physical pains, I cannot imagine the depth of their hurt. I don’t understand. I don’t know why so many good people are facing the challenges they are facing. There is nothing I can do within myself to erase the misery from even one persons life. There is nothing I can do to change one individuals suffering. But I praise the Lord that I know Him. The One who can give comfort in our time of need. The One who is touched with the feelings of our infirmities. I have bowed before Him more than once in the last year, so broken in spirit, not knowing what words to pray, yet He knew my heart. His grace has been sufficient.

No comments: