For those of you who want to know all the little details:
- Her leg is a bloody mess from where they took the skin graft. It is actually bleeding out of the bandage quite a bit.
- Her hand IV was leaking so they disconnected it and are using a IV in her foot. She has teeny blood vessels and it's hard for the nurses to find them.
- She has some congestion. However she is able to cough some of it up through her trach. They are really encouraging her to keep working on this.
- Her left hand is bandaged in an uncomfortable way. You can tell a little in the photo below. She said her fingers feel like they are asleep but she can still move and feel with them. The doctors had told her she might experience some numbness in this hand.
- She has a new paper tablet that's she's writing on--and working hard to keep Wendell and I straight on things.
- She has a wonderful nurse taking care of her today but she's really dreading the night nurse coming back!
- She didn't sleep at all last night and hasn't any today, so far.
Even though she's not in the best shape, she's been asking about Granny Adkission. And also talking about the patients around her being so pitiful.