Pages


Saturday, July 25, 2009

Port In Place

The port placement went well yesterday, no complications. The worse part of the whole ordeal was not being allowed to drink after sleeping the night before!!! The surgery only took about 30 minutes. I woke up in recovery in some pain. My shoulder was aching, and has been aching since, but as long as I take something for the pain, it is manageable.
Some friends came up and had lunch with Wendell and I. Then we went for the dry run radiation. Wendell dropped me off at the door and went to park. By the time he had parked and started to walk in, I was finished and was walking out!!!!
I start the radiation treatments Monday evening and will have my first chemo treatment Wednesday.

1 comment:

Karen Crabtree said...

You are going to do great!! You are like my Mom, a tough lady. Thanks for the burgers. They were alsolutely the best burger we have had in a long time. The tomato was so good & the purple onion. Tell Wendell, thanks for us. We will be thinking of you Monday.
Love,
Karen & family