Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're In The Hospital

We went back to the ENT here today. He told me he was so glad to see I had came back. He said he deals with head and neck cancers and has a lot of experience. He said I really didn't have 12 hours to wait, I need to get this took care of now because the swelling is spreading and he said it could have resulted in another trach if I waited too long!!! He said it is a bad infection and needs to be gotten out of my body. We still don't know for sure about the biopsy, we should find out later today. He has admitted me here into the hospital and has scheduled surgery to cut this open, clean it out, and drain it, for 5:00 this afternoon. He will leave in drainage tubes and start me on high doses of antibiotics. If all goes well he seems to think I can get out on Thursday. We are feeling very confident in this Doctors abilities. Please continue to pray for us and the results of the biopsy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,Wendell,&family!1
Just to let you know. I have read the blog today and we well be lifting you up!!! Stay strong in the Lord!

Love,
Kim E.

Peggy said...

Bless all of you! Praying!