Pages


Friday, August 21, 2009

FOUR WEEKS DOWN!!!!

FOUR WEEKS Down!!!! Today's radiation treatment reached the four week mile stone!!!! Only two and 1/2 weeks to go!!! The Lord has been so good to me!!! The side effects have not been as bad as I had feared. Please continue to pray for me though, they say the last two weeks are the worse. God's grace, I know, will continue to be sufficient.
The side effects I am having right now are dry mouth and skin, hair loss, minor blisters in my mouth and on my tongue, and I can only eat soft liquidy foods which all taste like metal. Today has been the day that I have missed eating food and it tasting normal, more than any other time. I was beginning to get a little down this evening thinking about how I would love to be able to eat something, anything, and it actually taste good. Even drinking has become something I would just as soon not do, because of the taste. Wendell came back from his Mom's with a bowl of chicken and dumplings she had made for me. I began to eat them and could actually taste some of the chicken flavor!!!! It was the best thing I have eaten in weeks!!! I know it is silly but I am almost in tears thinking about what a blessing that was!!! It never ceases to amaze me, how the Lord knows exactly what we need and when we need it most!!! My Mother in Law has worried over my not being able to eat much and has tried her best to help in any way she can. What a Blessing!!!

I hesitate to post anything specific about any cards or comments I have recieved, for fear of leaving someone out. I have recieved hundreds of cards, letters and emails from individuals, couples, Church groups, etc... these also seem to arrive at times I need them the most. I recieved some yeterday from some children from Pine Orchard Vacation Bible School that came exactly at the time I needed them. They were such a blessing. Thank you kids for the cards and most of all your prayers!!!!

2 comments:

Karen Crabtree said...

Debbie,
It was good to hear from you. Missed your blogs and you. Landen came down last night to take pictures of the puppies. He did a great job. He told me he is praying for you. I know the eating with blisters in your mouth would be so hard. Let me know if I can do anything. Hope to see you soon.
Love, Karen

Pamela Dunkley said...

God truly is good Debbie. His grace will be sufficient. You still amaze me as I read your blog. What a blessing you are to so many. We are still praying for you sis, anything you need just ask.

Ray, Pamela, Madison and Caleb Dunkley
Bro. Tim Ruppe, members