Pages


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Nauseous

I am still quite nauseous, and battling diareah. I have lost nine pounds in seven days. It's amazing how your life can change in an instant. In a healthier state, a year ago, I would have been thrilled to lose nine pounds!!!! Now nine pounds means I am closer to another surgery, to have a feeding tube. I am trying desperately to avoid it. When I am not nauseous, I try to eat and drink everything I can find!!!
I went for my sixth radiation treatment yesterday. The technicians remarked that I looked a lot better than I had Friday. I told them, if I had fixed my hair and had on shoes they would know I felt pretty good. I had been so ill last week that I had went for the treatments without fixing my hair and wearing my leopard house shoes!!! Again, this would have been unfathomable a year ago, in a healthier state!!! As far as side effects from the radiation.... I have the thrush (Which I am taking antibiotics for), and my jaw feels like it is a pocket on my face stuffed full of something, but it is not painful. I can still swallow just fine...no sore throat...
Wendell, Punky and Kiah will be home this evening!!! I miss them:(
They have been on a Church trip. They went to King's Island Amusement Park in Ohio yesterday and then to the Fellowship Tract League today to help in the process of mailing Bible tracts. It took a lot of persuading on my part to get Wendell to go, He didn't want to leave me. Stephanie has come to stay with me and take me to my treatments while Jess works.
I am scheduled to receive more chemo tomorrow. I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive about it!!! Please continue to pray the Lord's will be done in my life. I know His grace will be sufficient.

3 comments:

Karen Crabtree said...

Hey girl,
It was good to see you had blogged today. Tell Stephanie she is a sweet daughter. I too miss my family, you know where Punky is( most of the time) Aaron is there to. i'm glad they all went together.
I hope tomorrow's chemo is easier on you than last week. Call if you need me, please.
Tell Jess, she is a sweet daughter too.
Love,
Karen & family

aaron said...

Hey favorite Aunt,
It sounds like you are doing ok considering everything. I just wanted to let you know that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers out here in Nebraska. Hopefully tomorrow won't be to bad. Love ya, and talk to ya later.

Scott and Kristan said...

Praying for you constantly, Ms. Debbie. The Lord is using you in ways you don't know. I, too, hope your treatments go much better than last week. We are praying and hoping they will. Loveyou, Kristan